My entrepreneur journey so far-work life balance

Entrepreneur journey so far.,

entrepreneur, team, innovation, knowledge, business, risk tolerance, assertiveness, leadership
I am from a family of service background, where business was way-way too far & considered an affair too risky. Where no-body to share how we feel of the mundane life. No offense as they had very little idea of how business idea's work, safeguarding me, as always.
In 2004 my first venture kick-started my sister happened to be my partner, it is the other way around, she came up with an idea, my dad's condition as an investor was myself to be included as she was younger for business.
Thanks to her & her business acumen we started our venture on the 18th day of August 2004, in vannanthurai near Besant Nagar, Madras. With four members on the team, the best part was understanding & respecting opinions, views.
Back then I was working for a fortune 500 company, so business was just a fur in my hat compared to my counterparts. Our marketing strategy & alliances were formed with many companies. Our clientele included GM pens, ICICI, Brakes India, Rane Madras, etc., we started with booking & delivery of domestic & international air tickets, passport & visa applications, later we extended our portfolio to bus & train tickets which gave us the immediate funds as corporate companies have a payment routine. Within a short span, we were famous as more & more functions approached we catered to the maximum.
With the help of few known friends, foreign exchange came in our portfolio where business kept progressing.
We didn't make much money but the challenge was amazing & couldn't continue for long as we were pretty much in a state of chaos.

This experience for sure made to think of a different approach, which led to Nakshatra Trading in 2009, with the help of Anita, who got my license with Religare India for selling of Demat accounts. Was operating a fully-fledged call center for Religare, the portfolio was huge & tough to anchor, as I was single-handedly taking decisions, the learning was amazing but it cost me a fortune, 3 months past a year unable to hold my position, had to shut it down, for financial reasons. Thank's to my two fun-loving staff who encouraged me to keep on going else would have collapsed long back then it was operational.

A year later with the support, guidance, time-tested ideas & expertise of a kinder-garden friend entered the race for food. Couldn't do much with it as I had relocated to the Tinsukia, Assam, North-Eastern part of India, where I am currently blogging. Six years of research & patience is driving me for yet another adventure, all the past experiences should pay off well with this new venture.

This blog will cater to all possible questions, which will be helpful in the initial days of struggle.


Comments

Post a Comment